Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There is absolutely no doubt about it. So why are we skipping it? Most of the time, people skip it because of time, or because they do not think it is necessary. It found that 39 percent of students reported eating breakfast fewer than three days in a typical school week. That is scary! So I thought I would share with you my quick and easy protein filled breakfast!
1 cup of good quality oats
1 cup of Almond Milk (coconut and soy work just as well!)
50g of Frozen Strawberries
Blue Agave Syrup (to taste)
1/2 Scoop Balance Complete Protein Powder
1. Put oats into medium sized saucepan.
2. Pour almond milk over the top, making sure all the oats are covered.
3. Bring to the boil. I had mine on heat 8. Stir to combine. Once the oats have boiled, turn down the heat to low-medium.
4. Add in frozen strawberries. Stir until strawberries have defrosted and become soft.
5. Add protein powder and blue agave syrup. Serve.
Hot Chocolate Recipe:
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder/drinking chocolate
1. Put cocoa powder or drinking chocolate into cup. Boil water in kettle.
2. Pour boiling water from kettle into cup. Let sit for 25s.
3. Stir to make a liquid chocolate.
4. Froth milk.
5. Pour milk into cup, making sure to stir to combine. Serve.
So that is my go to breakfast almost every morning! Sometimes i will use apples instead of strawberries, sometimes I will add other things like coconut, cinnamon and chia seeds! Super duper yummy, healthy and easy!